BC Government Disaster Financial Assistance

If you or someone you know has been affected by the recent flooding, your insurance coverage is likely of major concern. The below Disaster Financial Assistance information may be the answer to your questions.

Our professional Stutters Restorations team is here to assist you in this time of need – we are available 24/7!

For emergency services, please call your local Stutters office:

Toll Free: 1-877-763-1540

Kelowna: 250-763-1555

Vernon: 250-542-9893

Penticton: 250-490-3552

Castlegar: 250-304-1705


BC Government Website: Disaster Financial Assistance


Disaster Financial Assistance (DFA)

Disaster Financial Assistance

Following a disaster, the provincial government may declare the event eligible for Disaster Financial Assistance (DFA). Once declared, the DFA program may compensate individuals for essential uninsurable losses and/or reimburse local governments for damaged infrastructure.

Individuals should contact their local authority if they have been impacted by a disaster or emergency event.


  • Disaster Financial Assistance is only available for provincial disasters after the provincial government has declared them eligible
  • The provincial government works closely with local governments to determine if and when an event should be eligible
  • Private sector damage must be from an event that is uninsurable, such as overland flooding
  • Insurable damages in the private sector such as snow load, wind damage, sewer or sump pit back-up, water entry from above ground (including roofs, windows or other areas of the building), are NOT eligible for DFA
  • Damages from certain landslides may be eligible, if it can be shown that the landslide is the direct result of heavy rainfall or other sudden catastrophic event, and not caused by pre-existing slope instability
  • Forms and additional information

DFA Forms and Other Information

Information To Know Before Applying

For the Private Sector

For Local Governments

DFA Contact Information

Telephone: 1-888-257-4777 (toll-free)

Alternate Telephone: 250-952-5505 (Victoria)

Email: dfa@gov.bc.ca