Tenant? – Do You Have Insurance?

Statistics show that less than half of renters in Canada have renter’s insurance (also know as tenant or content insurance).

Your landlord should have insurance on the building you are renting, so items like pipes, and the physical structure are covered. However, the landlord’s insurance will not cover your personal items.

Shop around for insurance. Ask your agent to go over each item, and help you determine what is the best insurance option plan for your needs.

Some Insurance Possibilities

Personal Liability – protects you for unintentionally injuring someone or damaging their property.

Contents Insurance – covers your belongings for losses up to a specified amount.

Replacement Cost Coveragecontents of your home are insured for the amount it will cost to replace them without depreciation.

Additional Living Expenses Coverage – help you pay for reasonable and necessary expenses (like hotel and food costs) in the situation you are forced to leave your home following an insurance claim for a period of time.

If you experience a flood or fire, let your landlord know, as it will be up to them to have insurance become involved.

Stutters Disaster Kleenup is here to help in the event you have a flood, sewer back up or fire. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a week to serve you.

Emergency Services

Water Damage Restoration

Fire & Smoke Damage

Content Cleaning